Saturday, June 27, 2009

Posting out of order

Well it's been so long since I have posted that I am getting all mixed up. I have pictures from our honeymoon so I guess I can blog that now.... plus the ridiculous story to go along with it :) So it started out the first night we left the reception we went to Hines Mansion in Provo. It was so fun and so nice. It had a big four poster bed and a huge jacuzzi tub in the room. I had the whole room covered in rose pedals, that was one of the things I knew she wanted. When we woke up in the morning we took off pretty early. They had breakfast for us there but we were in a hurry so we passed on it. It look delish though. We drove up to her dads house to pick up his truck and boat then headed off on our next adventure to Lake Powell. The thought of sleeping on the sand on our honeymoon there didnt sound like the funnest thing so I got us a sweet at a Days Inn in Page. We got there late afternoon and just took it easy that night, the next day we hit Wal Mart for all the nick nacks for the lake and hit the lake. The first day went good, the water was so low that they had dug a little passage out to the channel so we didnt even find that all day. We stayed right there in the somewhat close area at Wahweep. We found a little cove and swam and fished all day. It was so nice because it was just quite and calm back there. We didnt have the shade for the boat so we headed back in about three because we were dying from the sun. We went out to dinner that night a really good little pizza and pasta place right there in Page. The next day is when all heck broke loose on us. It started out normal, Wal Mart, Mcdonals breakfast, then to the lake. We found the channel eventually and got out in there and just went for a cruise down it. We got down there and found a really good cliff to hang out by because of the shade. We sat there for a little bit and ate lunch then took off to go exploring a little more. Well mid cruising down the channel the boat gave to good sput sputs and she was done. We thought whatever we will just sit and wait till she's ready to go again but it never happend. The wind picked up pretty quick and blew us towards the rocks. When we got close enough I jumped out and held the boat from hitting as much as I could. Since the wind picked up there were NO boats anywhere. Mollie ended up getting reception with her phone and got a hold of the ranger. They said they would come get us but it was 250 an hour and the time started from when they left till when they got back. We were an hour out so we knew it was going to be very expensive but we were desperate by that point. About 10 min later we flagged a little boat down and what the heck it happend to be a German couple there visiting. They offered to pull is in so we hurried and called the rangers back and told them we were ok. As they started to take off the wind took our boat right into the rock so there is damage #1 to Kevins boat. It took a big chunk and then a long guage out of the fiber glass. It took about an hour and a half to pull us in and it took up all of our rescures time on there rental. They told us they wouldnt except it but I gave them enough for another two hours on there rental for saving us. It was the least we could do. After all that we got it back to the hotel, got some dinner and took it easy all night. The next morning we went out to pack the truck up and head home. I noticed the cover was off the back so I climbed in to see what the heck. I couldnt tell that anything was missing so I snapped the cover back up. I got back to the room and told Mollie and she reminded me about Brooks (brother-in-law) wakeboard. Of course I went back out and yep gone. Add another $300 for that one. So I told the front desk we got broken into, they called the police, we filled a report and we were gone.... Like they cared about it anyways. Well we get home just fine and take the truck and boat to wash it. We wash the truck then I tell Mollie to jump in and pull it forward so I can spot her. Well I check the top out to make sure it will clear and I was sure it would so I was watching the sides because they were really close going in. Well what do you know the lights on the tower hit the top and snapped them both off, what else could go wrong. We got it taken back so sad about what we did to the boat. Kevin was so nice and so understanding. He is a saint because I would have been so ticked, but he just said how glad he was we were ok. Anyways that was the end of one of our funnest most perfect disasters. We are thinking of changing our last name to the Grizwalds after that one. The next week we flew up to Spokane so that Mollie could get back to scool, she did school all week then her and I went up to her Grandparents new cabin that just got finished for the weekend. It was the most amazing place. The cabin was perfect and it sat right on the water so we fished and played in the paddle boat. All around it was a stinkin fun trip. The reception blog post is yet to come but dont worry, it will

No comments:

Post a Comment